A Brief History & Ethos of the Digital Garden
- URL: https://maggieappleton.com/garden-history/
- Published Date: 2020-04-28
- Author: [[Maggie Appleton 🧭]]
- A garden is a collection of evolving ideas that aren’t strictly organised by their publication date.
- notes are linked through contextual associations.
- notes are published as half-finished thoughts that will grow and evolve over time.
- template. It’s a different way of thinking about our online behaviour around information
- Gardens present information in a richly linked landscape that grows slowly over time.
- The garden helps us move away from time-bound streams and into contextual knowledge spaces.
- Joel focused on the process of digital gardening, emphasising the slow growth of ideas through writing, rewriting, editing, and revising thoughts in public.
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.