About a Product Mindset
- Consider the problem to solve for the customer.
Fall in love with the customer’s problem (and not with your idea) . Detach from your ideas and solutions.
- Understand the context of the client, the job the try to get done, pains they are facing
- Focus on outcomes (rather than output) and maximising impact for the customer and business
- Best combined with a growth mindset 1 to del with complexity and change and constantly improve, learn and adapt.
- it is about risk-taking and experimentation, with a goal of creating revenue and driving business growth
Questions when thinking in a product mindset 2
- How can we improve [metric]?
- What customer problem are we addressing?
- Why are we doing this?
- How do we make it easier for customers to …?
- Could we try …?
- If we want to achieve (an outcome) how about …?
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.