Becoming indispensable- a pandemic power move
- URL: https://radreads.co/becoming-indispensable/?utm_source=brainpint&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=obvious_to_you_amazing_to_others&utm_term=2020-10-13
- Published Date: 2020-10-13
- Author: [[10k Work]]
- The ones that will deliver the most bang for your buck? The $10K equivalent of Becoming indispensable?
- The linchpin is an individual who can walk into chaos and create order, someone who can invent, connect, create, and make things happen.
- Develop unique skills * Become their Tylenol * Become an information conduit.
Develop unique (yet adjacent) skills
- Learning new skills is a surefire path to becoming indispensable.
- we should look closer to home: adding adjacent skills.
- Adjacent skills are quicker to learn and deliver more bang for the buck
- Adjacent skill play on what you know already and help you make better use of them.
Turn yourself into Tylenol
- Tylenol products solve a specific problem a customer is looking for a solution for. Vitamin products try to make a customer’s life better in some way when they didn’t even know they had a problem to solve.
- Be your boss’ second brain. Track their tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Organize your team’s information. Knowledge workers spend 4.5 hours a week looking for files. If that’s not Tylenol, I don’t know what is.
- Create dashboards. Your boss is struggling for a centralized place containing the team’s metrics, goals and KPIs. Create this doc in a simple spreadsheet (or more advanced no-code app), and constantly remind them where they can find it.
summarize the key takeaways in a format that’s friendly for your boss to consume.
Become a conduit (to unique information)
- not underestimate the influence of shadow power—advisors, assistants, consultants, and most especially spouses.
- generosity-first networking (which BTW is one of the most popular modules from Supercharge your Productivity).
- Having a system * Following-up methodically * Leading with generosity * Connecting the dots
Notes mentioning this note
Moc 10k$ framework
MOC 10K$ framework