- to get some visual help, take a sheet of paper (e.g. A4) and fold it horizontally 8 times. So you get a lined sheet.
- flush every task and thought that might lead to a task that is currently open in your head to your sheet.
- Take about 7-10’ for that. Thoughts will come in waves so hesitate to stop immediately at the first interruption of flow. Thoughts that come in following waves can become deeper.
- All these items occupied space in your memory. Just like an open window on your computer or an open app on your mobile
- Now put away this sheet of paper. You can refer to it after your focus time. But now you can fully focus on the task at hand.
Notes mentioning this note
How to take smart notes key insights
How to take Smart Notes - Key Insights High level instructions for the Slip Box 1) Pay attention to what...