- to get some visual help, take a sheet of paper (e.g. A4) and fold it horizontally 8 times. So you get a lined sheet.
- flush every task and thought that might lead to a task that is currently open in your head to your sheet.
- Take about 7-10’ for that. Thoughts will come in waves so hesitate to stop immediately at the first interruption of flow. Thoughts that come in following waves can become deeper.
- All these items occupied space in your memory. Just like an open window on your computer or an open app on your mobile
- Now put away this sheet of paper. You can refer to it after your focus time. But now you can fully focus on the task at hand.