Course Notes - Eliminate unconscious bias at work
Who are you?
- from these - What might cause a bias in you?
- from these - What might cause a bias in others towards you?
Where does the bias come from?
- e.g. social interaction group, long time learning
What is my origin story behind a bias I have?
4 steps to tackle unconscious bias
1) Identify bias 2) Cultivate connection (reach out) 3) Choose courage 4) Apply to entirety of a career / talent lifecycle
One needs to show vulnerability in all 4 steps.
Exercise What? When? (see above)
Work with empathy and curiosity to get behind own assumptions.
Mentoring and coaching can be of great help here.
Take the courage to understand where I am biased. Ask: What am I thinking.
Apply to full talent lifecycle
So from recruitment through development, promotions,…
Impact of behaviors model
Use this model to access own feeling on a topic and also to understand others positioning.
The identity model
- innate (given from birth)
Four pillars of courage
1) Courage to identify bias 2) Courage to cope … so when someone is of the receiving end of a bias 3) Courage to be an ally and help other 4) Courage to be an advocate
Consider to audit your network
Titles to consider
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.