Notes from How to Win your Week
[[Drawing 2023-07-26 06.16.58.excalidraw]] Drawing 2023-07-26 06.16.58.excalidraw.svg|400
Time and task audit
- Show me someones calendar and I’ll show you their values
- conduct occasional time audit
- review aged tasks
- whats get measured gets managed
- why reviewing aged task is important
- quick capture trade-off (GTD bankruptcy)
- 3 months old - will you really do it
- JUST LET IT GO
Reflection - Cultivating self-awareness
Ask your alignment questions:
- What’s the pebble in my shoe?
- Am I living the life I choose for myself? Does how I spend my time align with what I value?
- Did I love well?
- Am I utilizing my strengths?
- How can I foster curiosity and compassion?
- What if it were easy?
- What am I avoiding?
Vision setting - Am I headed in the right direction
How to eliminate $100 Work:
- Are my domains and $10K questions still the right ones?
- Answer your North Star questions
- Future-casting over different intervals (1, 3, 5 years)
- Frequency: Quarterly
Planning & Prioritization - Your Anchor
- The GTD-style Review
- Indispensable and holds the system together
- Enables lack of due dates
- Sets your DO dates
- Tend to Domains (and ImportantNot Urgent)
- Frequency: WEEKLY (without fail), 25 minutes max
Small checklist - Do the review under 25’
- Assign 5 units of $10K work or “Thinking Time” using do dates
- Repeat the process for $1,000 work
- Review aged tasks and waiting on
- Set next actions
- If you could only work 2 hours each day, what would you do?