The magic of doing $10,000 per hour work
- URL: https://radreads.co/10k-work/
- Published Date: 2020-04-30
- Author: [[Khe Hy]]
- Credit card hacking is a prime example of doing $10/hour work. * It feels productive (free money!). * It releases dopamine (A free flight upgrade!) * And it makes you feel like you’re outfoxing a competitor (I got away with THIS!). * But does not move the needle
- $10k/hour examples. What would move the needle? * Cancelling Amazon prime. * Conducting a monthly money review with your spouse. * Paying cash for all purchases. * Learning how to cook. * Automating a 529 plan for an unborn child.
- But because the deliberate investment you make will pay off in spades at a future date.
- identifying your highest leverage activities
- $10/hour work The land of low skill low leverage work is plastered with all kinds of temptations.
- $10/hour work is busywork. Full stop. It doesn’t move the needle.
- A litmus test for $10/hour work is: could I do this hungover?
$100/hour work This quadrant is busywork at scale.
- Said differently, you’re leveraging the wrong skill.
- But his $10,000/hour skill was knowing just enough about each function and distilling complex issues into simple questions.
- There’s no swoosh sound when you complete it. Zero dopamine. The results aren’t seen for years, if not decades.
- What’s more, $10K work is personal. It’s a peculiar cocktail of your industry, skills, passions, curiosities, relationships and vision.
- some high-leverage and high-skill activities?
What is 1000 more impactful than email?
Notes mentioning this note
Moc 10k$ framework
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd”> MOC 10K$ framework