You’re Never Going to Be “Caught Up” at Work. Stop Feeling Guilty About It.
- URL: https://hbr.org/2018/07/youre-never-going-to-be-caught-up-at-work-stop-feeling-guilty-about-it
- Published Date: 2018-07-19
- Author: [[Art Markman]]
- There is evidence that people will explicitly procrastinate to avoid shame
- Being kind to and willing to forgive yourself has shown to alleviate the negative effects of shame.
Focus on your accomplishments. Gabriele Oettingen’s research:
- title: Rethinking Positive Thinking
- author: Gabriele Oettingen
- isbn13: 9780698139824
- focusing on your accomplishments instead gives you a sense of pride in what you have done.
- When you are in a position to take action, say sitting back at your desk on Monday morning, then you can make better use of the dissatisfaction that comes from focusing on what’s not yet done.
- Practice acceptance. One of the outcomes of many mindfulness techniques is an acceptance of your current situation.
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.