- Anders Ericsson studied the differences between experts and novices and summarized what he learned in the book Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise.
- Ericsson argues that when it comes to developing a skill, doing the skill over and over again only helps to improve your skill until it becomes automatic. After that, if you want to improve, you need to focus on deliberate practice.
- It involves breaking a skill into its component steps.
- It requires focus—your full attention.
- It requires feedback.
- It requires getting outside your comfort zone.
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.