How Elon Musk Learns Faster Than Everyone Else
- URL: https://medium.com/@mariastepanova7/how-elon-musk-learns-faster-than-everyone-else-26c5cf4c2ef5
- Author: [[Maria Stepanova]]
- Publisher: [[medium.com]]
- Published Date: 2022-06-16
- Rule #1 — Make sure you are building a Tree of Knowledge
- make sure you understand the fundamental principles, i.e. the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang onto.”
- understanding fundamental principles and mental models that are at the core of each of the sectors
- If you want to learn anything faster, you need to start with the fundamentals.
- Understand the core concepts first, before moving into more details.
Rule #2 — You can’t remember what you can’t connect
- he began connecting branches and leaves together with other branches and leaves from other trees.
- Musk would read two books per day in various disciplines.
- focus on just one field, like many of us do. He learned across multiple fields, and it gave him significant advantages. It allowed him to stand out and apply his vast knowledge to build several billion-dollar companies.
- Learn across multiple fields and work tirelessly on making connections.
Connecting with 2nd brain
The described approach links very well with my understand of [[MOC Building a 2nd brain | building a 2nd brain]] and taking [[How to take Smart Notes - Key Insights | smart notes]]. Reading 2 books a day is very special. I’m not there yet. But at least I’m already reading one per week. And I’m using Blinkist to gain a fast overview on topics and decide when to buy a book.