How to Create a Product Roadmap That Everyone Can Understand!
- URL: https://coffeebeansconsulting.medium.com/how-to-create-a-product-roadmap-that-everyone-can-understand-5cc2c86f2487
- Published Date: 2022-07-13
- Author: [[CoffeeBeans Consulting]]
- A good product roadmap must be visually appealing, easily accessible, and clear enough for anyone to scan for answers to the following questions:
- What exactly are we doing?
- Why are we doing it in the first place?
- What does this have to do with our OKRs?
- It encompasses the milestones you will attain in releasing those features.
- A theme-based product roadmap is based on this premise, and the benefits are enormous and immediate.
- A theme-based roadmap substitute with time horizons made up of three columns:
- Now — Tasks that you are currently working on
- Next — Tasks that are coming up soon
- Later — Tasks that you’d like to work on in the future or need to do a bit more research before you move on
- A theme-based map replaces this with themes, which appear as cards on your roadmap.
themes are “a promise to solve problems, not build features.”
- Those words come from the realization that almost any product will receive a flood of customer feedback and feature requests that revolve around a single universal problem.
Notes mentioning this note
How to create a product roadmap that everyone can understand!
How to Create a Product Roadmap That Everyone Can Understand! Metadata URL: https://coffeebeansconsulting.medium.com/how-to-create-a-product-roadmap-that-everyone-can-understand-5cc2c86f2487 Published Date: 2022-07-13 Author: [[CoffeeBeans Consulting]]