MOC Presentation and Public speaking
Notes from Blinkist Collection - Beat anxiety in 9 days
You can also read each Book in Blinks via my free to access Blinkist Space: About Presentations
- Notes from How not to Worry
- Notes From Book TED talks
- Notes from Book Talk like TEDs
- Notes from the book Magic Words
- Notes from the book - The Art of influencing Anyone
- Notes from the book - The Art of Public Speaking
Notes from Breathing for Health
- breathing has a Body-Mind-Connection
- Our breathing reflects the way that we feel
- if we have no reason whatsoever to feel stressed or anxious, but we’re breathing in a stressed or anxious way, it’s going to cause us to feel stressed or anxious
- breathwork is any time you become aware of your breathing and then use it purposefully
- we were able to increase vagal tone over a 20 minute breathing session. Not just a little bit, not even just doubling it, which by itself would be crazy. We increased it by nearly 600%.
- Our physical and mental actions and behaviors are completely interconnected and building a breathwork habit can help with both
- An emotion is simply a chemical reaction that happens and creates certain sensations. And then we group those sensations together and we define that as a feeling or an emotion
Notes from How to improvise
- History, music and neuroscience all suggest you may produce some of your best work by learning to let go
- He would research, draft, redraft, memorise, finally deliver with passion.
- Improvisers shut down their inner critics and allow new ideas to flow out, escaping their internal restraints.
- They’re letting go. The improvising brain is disinhibited,
- That is why improvisers can produce flashes of pure brilliance.
- Too much filtering can squash our creativity
improvisation as the freedom and space to hear things.
- Let go of your inhibitions and give yourself what Miles Davis called the freedom and space to hear things.
- So the lesson here is not to abandon all preparation, but at a certain point, all of your meticulous preparations may become a constraint.
- You may be surprised what you can achieve when you quiet your inner critic and stop holding back.