The anatomy of a perfect educational article
- URL: https://nesslabs.com/educational-article
- Author: Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- Publisher: Ness Labs
- Published Date: 2020-05-21
- Writing an educational article
- best ways to study a topic.
- The Feynman Technique—which - Feynmans 12 favorite problems
- explaining the concept to a child or someone who has no prior knowledge of it.
- A great way to do this is to write an introductory article about what you want to learn.
- educational article is the one that helps you understand a new concept, and helps teach it to your readers as well.
- needs to start from the fundamentals and gradually go into the more complex concepts.
- It also needs to be practical and offer ways to take one’s learning further if they wish to.
- Provide a step-by-step explanation
- take the reader on a journey of exploration and discovery.
- Imagine a ladder with each incremental step bringing the reader and yourself closer to a satisfactory understanding of a concept. (I’m
- One section should only correspond to one idea.
- Make it visual
- “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- they can be used as explanatory tools.
- Build context
- curious wanderings are still amazing experiences.
The goal of learning is to form new insights, not to accumulate facts.
- Note: great goal of learning – create insights - so a KPI … Number of insights one can remember
- Make sure to provide context around the concept you are writing about. This can be as simple as linking to other related concepts,
- will help the readers and yourself progressively create a mental map
- Interlinking concepts is a form of study.
- a knowledge graph, which make it even easier to explore topics within a wider context.
- pay attention to keywords related to topics you may have written about in the past, and link back to these
- Suggest practical applications
- Do include a few pointers so they can put what they just learned into practice.
- write a short educational article to publish on your blog,
- Note: a great other word for Second Brain or actually a usage of a Second Brain
- The generation effect shows that we tend to remember information better when we create our own version of the content we consume.
- Note: This links to progressive summarization and writing something in your own words
- Encourage your readers to share their thoughts
- providing a reading list
Notes mentioning this note
There are no notes linking to this note.