What are Self-Managing Teams-
- URL: https://medium.com/analysts-corner/what-are-self-managing-teams-f009616a872c
- Published Date: 2022-04-25
- Author: [[Kevin Bendeler]]
- mesh organizations, where the responsibilities and accountabilities are shared among team members.
- A self-managed team is a group of employees that’s responsible and accountable for all or most aspects of producing a product or delivering a service.
- A self-managed team carries out supporting tasks, such as planning and scheduling the workflow and managing annual leave and absence, in addition to technical tasks.
- -highly successful- organizations like Zappos, Google, and Meta, teams can come up with their own goals.
- increases their responsibilities to another level as they are making a strategic impact, directly.
- but the pay-off is highly engaged teams.
leadership is still very much valued in self-managing teams.
- people still need guidance, support, an outside perspective,
- Keep removing obstacles that keep the team from running itself successfully.
- Our work is empirical in nature. We discover what to do, by doing it.