Notes from The 5AM Club
Why getting up at 5AM
- rise at 5:00 a.m. And after waking, he’d follow a little known formula designed to turbocharge his mental focus, build his physical fitness and encourage him to be his best self day in and day out.
- have understood that the isolation that comes from getting up at 5:00 a.m. has a multiplying effect.
- the most reliable way to generate the best results in your personal and professional life is to build a world-beating morning routine.
- if you get up at 5:00 a.m., you have a golden opportunity to focus on one high-value activity without your brain getting distracted.
- The solitude and enhanced brain state that you’ll experience at 5:00 a.m. will help you perform like the elite.
- to get the results of the top 5 percent of elite performers, you need to do what 95 percent of entrepreneurs, artists and other people are unwilling to do. Most people aren’t willing to get up at 5:00 a.m. so if you are, you have a huge competitive advantage
Focus and getting rid of distractions
- freedom from distraction is key
- If you want to win, you need to focus, simplify, and concentrate.
- self-discipline and perseverance always trump talent and giftedness
- day-stacking. That means that small things done daily are way more important than big things done once in a while.
- Comment [[Atomic Habits - James Clear]]
- That means becoming a purist, concentrating on a few amazing work projects rather than many good ones
- it means stripping out everything that distracts you from a relentless focus on what’s most important. So turn off your notifications and cancel pointless meetings that are taking you away from activities that really add value
- Comment MOC 10K$ framework
20-20-20 Soulset - Heartset - Healthset
- Focus on your Soulset, and you’ll reconnect with the very best part of yourself.
- It ignites your energy, dissolves your stress and expands your joy
- Your Soulset, the billionaire explained, is your spirituality. Too often, everyday life pulls us toward the superficial and the material. So take some time in the quiet moments of the early morning to remember who you truly are
- Your Heartset is your emotional life and well-being. It’s important because, even with a world-class Mindset, you can’t deliver intellectually if your emotional life is a mess
- Next, give your Healthset – your physical health – some attention. One of the key ways to get ahead in life is longevity.
- If you’re only working on your Mindset, you’re ignoring your Healthset, your Heartset, and your Soulset.
- time for reflection with a period of deep peace and solitude.
- reflect on what is most important to you
- The first step is to move – to perform vigorous exercise for 20 minutes
- Sweat generates the protein BDNF, or brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which repairs brain cells and accelerates the formation of new neural connections.
- Take a few minutes to meditate. Research shows that meditation helps lower cortisol, reducing your stress. It’s a proven way to stay calm, and the great performers of the world are always calm!
- you need to grow, so take 20 minutes to learn
The importance of Sleep and good phases of Relaxation
- Research has shown that sleep is one of the key factors in predicting life expectancy. How you spend the last hour of your day is almost as important to peak performance as how you spend the first.
- a key to top performance over time is to oscillate between periods of passionate, focused work at the highest levels and periods of time for deep refueling through relaxation, recovery and fun.
- Growth happens not just in the performance phase, but also in the recovery phase
- Embracing sleep and the “twin-cycle of elite performance” is essential to maximizing the potential of the 5 AM club.
- Spend the rest of the evening talking with loved ones, meditating, having a relaxing bath or reading and go to bed no later than 10:00 p.m. That way, you can truly maximize the value of your 5:00 a.m. time.