Notes from Guide Master your 4 pillars of energy
Insights from Blinkist Guide Master your four pillars of Energy
Four main energy pillars spirituality, mindfulness, body/fitness and emotional.
==What do I stand for and do I act accordingly?==
- Notes from Living Forward
[[ Living Forward - Michael Hyatt Daniel Harkavy ]] (Blinkist version)
Create a life plan
A document about 15 pages long that outlines my detailed picture of my life. Including goals that I would like to achieve.
Three main questions to answer:
- What will be my legacy?
- What is most important to me?
- How do I get where I want to be at the end, starting from where I am at the moment?
Body and Fitness
We need the energy, not just the time to perform at our maximum. So we need to manage energy properly (and not just time).
[[ The Power of Full Engagement - James E Loehr Jim Loehr Tony Schwartz ]] (Blinkist version)
Notes from The Power of Full Engagment
Work less and take more breaks. Comment: Links nicely with working Remote.
Maximize our physical energy.
- Depends on how we eat, sleep and recover
- Sleep is optimal between 7..8 hours comment: would be interesting to get the science background here
- Working out increases ability to handle complex decisions by 70..80%
Pay attention towards my focus and avoid multitasking.
- good connection with MOC Building a 2nd brain to gain a much higher level of focus
[[ The 5AM Club - Robin Sharma ]] (Blinkist version)
- it matters what you do in the first hour
- focus on high brain activity and avoid getting distracted by Social media or low brain activity tasks.
- in the early morning it is easy to achieve a state of low as more Dopamin and Serotonin are released
- [[ Flow - notes from Tiago Forte ]] and [[ Flow - der Weg zum Glück - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi ]] and Blinkist Version
- Apply [[ #20-20-20 ]]
Move - Reflect - Grow comment: Reminds me of the productivity days by Dr. Antoine Larchez
20 minutes to move
- get sweaty - it creates BDNF proteins (see [[ S01 Personal/030-039 Areas/32 Zettelkasten/Matter/Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor- A Key Molecule for Memory in the Healthy and the Pathological Brain ]]) that is connected with brain plasticity and forming new neural connections
- sweating also reduced cortisol - the hormone of fear
20 minutes to reflect
- deep peace
- record these thoughts in my Daily Journal
- comment: Try to do more journalling in the morning and e.g. have the Gratitude part embedded in that reflection time
- doing meditation. That also reduces cortisol
20 minutes to grow
For learning and growing our mind.
[[ The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work - John Gottman ]] (Blinkist version)
- Ensure good day to day communication
- Surface/notice/use also the small moments to show that I am aware of my beautiful wife
Notes from - The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Personal Systemic Coaching
- MOC Building a 2nd brain
- [[ Me ]]
- [[ The Big Five for Life ]]